After The Master Cleanse, I figured I’d give my body a couple of weeks to eat again, and then would try the hCG Diet Jamie’s mom had started. Plus, I wanted to wait to see how she did on it.
I started reading all about it, starting with Pounds & Inches by ATW Simeons, the endocrinologist who researched and spent his life studying obesity and developed this protocol. If you are thinking of starting this program, it’s imperative you read this manuscript, then read it again, and keep it on hand. You can find it online, but here’s one link http://www.darleenmb.com/POUNDS&INCHES.pdf . It’s kind of long, 36 pages or so, but important to read in its entirety.
In summary, there are three types of body fat. Two normal types, 1) structural fat that surrounds the organs and, 2) normal reserves that fuel the body when in demand. Even if the body stocks these to capacity, it will never be considered obesity. The third type is abnormal, and sometimes referred to as “brown fat”. It is from this type of fat only that overweight people suffer. Dr. Simeons compares it to money stored away in a lock box, as opposed to normal fat that is like a checking account in which money flows in and out.
When we go on calorie reduced diets or severe exercise programs, it’s the normal fat we lose first, then our bodies start in on the structural fat, and lastly pull from the abnormal fat. This is why obese patients feel famished and look haggard, but still can’t seem to get rid of the fat in all the unwanted places – belly, hips, thighs, arms.
Dr. Simeons research, and other known facts, has lead him to the theory that it is in the Diencephalon, or Hypothalamus, deep in the brain, that controls the storing and issuing of our fuel. Basically, when we eat more than our body needs, the extra is stored as normal fat. But when the intake goes beyond the diencephalon’s capacity, it sends it to be stored elsewhere, so it doesn’t have to try to do any extra work.
Simeaons hypothesized, “If obesity is always due to one very specific diencephalic deficiency, it follows that the only way to cure it is to correct this deficiency.” But how?! He recalled his observance of a study in India on “fat-boys”, in which they used hCG, a hormone found in very high quantity in pregnant women, to cure their condition of sexual immaturity. An effect of this treatment was the shape of the “fat-boys” bodies changed to that of a normal man’s shape. This meant fat was on the move!!
And if fat was on the move, this was an opportunity to get rid of it! From this, Simeons finally came to his protocol of using smaller, daily doses of hCG combined with a reduced calorie diet of only 500 calories made up of a very specific food combination. So while, yes, anyone who only eats 500 calories a day will indeed lose weight, it will be the normal fat first. And that will send our bodies into starvation mode, which only makes us gain more weight when a normal calorie diet is consumed – as is the case with most diets out there, causing a yo-yo effect. With hCG, the abnormal fat is metabolized, and burned. If we ate more than 500 calories with the hCG, we will gain weight, as do pregnant women to ensure the health of their baby. The hCG allows thousands of calories daily to be released for use by our body.
The result is fat-loss in all the right places! Yay! The protocol calls for a treatment of at least 26 days and no more than 40 days. Then you must take a six week break, with no sugars or starches the first three, in order to reset the hypothalamus to that weight. Then, if you have more weight to lose, you start another round. Weight loss averages one pound per day!! And if you lose 34 lbs. anywhere between the 26 and 40 days, you are to stop the hCG and move into the next phase of the protocol until you are ready to do the next round.
Here is the diet, to be combined with 125 iu of hCG daily.
The Diet
The 500 Calorie diet is explained on the day of the second injection to those patients who will be preparing their own food, and it is most important that the person who will actually cook is present - the wife, the mother or the cook, as the case may be. Here in Italy patients are given the following diet sheet.
Breakfast: Tea or coffee in any quantity without sugar. Only one tablespoonful of milk allowed in 24 hours. Saccharin or other sweeteners may be used.
Lunch: 1. 100 grams of veal, chicken breast, fresh white fish, lobster, crab or shrimp. All visible fat must be carefully removed before cooking, and the meat must be weighed raw. It must be boiled or grilled without additional fat. Salmon, eel, tuna, herring, dried or pickled fish are not allowed. The chicken breast must be removed raw from the bird.
2. One type of vegetable only to be chosen from the following: spinach, chard, chicory, beet-greens, green salad, tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus, cabbage.
3. One breadstick (grissino) or one Melba toast.
4. An apple or an orange or a handful of strawberries or one-half grapefruit.
Dinner : The same four choices as lunch.
The juice of one lemon daily is allowed for all purposes. Salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard powder, garlic, sweet basil, parsley, thyme, majoram, etc., may be used for seasoning, but no oil, butter or dressing.
Tea, coffee, plain water, or mineral water are the only drinks allowed, but they may be taken in any quantity and at all times.
In fact, the patient should drink about 2 liters of these fluids per day. Many patients are afraid to drink so much because they fear that this may make them retain more water. This is a wrong notion as the body is more inclined to store water when the intake falls below its normal requirements.
The fruit or the breadstick may be eaten between meals instead of with lunch or dinner, but not more than four items listed for lunch and dinner may be eaten at one meal.
No medicines or cosmetics other than lipstick, eyebrow pencil and powder may be used without special permission
Every item in the list is gone over carefully, continually stressing the point that no variations other than those listed may be introduced. All things not listed are forbidden, and the patient is assured that nothing permissible has been left out. The 100 grams of meat must be scrupulously weighed raw after all visible fat has been removed. To do this accurately the patient must have a letter-scale, as kitchen scales are not sufficiently accurate and the butcher should certainly not be relied upon. Those not uncommon patients who feel that even so little food is too much for them, can omit anything they wish.
There is no objection to breaking up the two meals. For instance, having a breadstick and an apple for breakfast, or an orange before going to bed, is acceptable provided they are deducted from the regular meals. The whole daily ration of two breadsticks or two fruits may not be eaten at the same time, nor can any item saved from the previous day be added on the following day. It is also worth pointing out that any attempt to observe this diet without HCG will lead to trouble in two to three days. It should also be mentioned that two small apples weighing as much as one large one nevertheless have a higher caloric value and are therefore not allowed, though there is no restriction on the size of one apple.
So…
I read Pounds & Inches, and went on to read site after site online. I knew I needed to start sometime after my period, so I needed to stop reading and just order some already. That led me to a new challenge. Who should I buy from? Should I do the injections and just order from the same place as my mother-in-law? But after looking around, their prices seem a little steep. Maybe my grandma will try it, too, if I get the sublingual. I think she considered it for a moment, and decided against it. Why do injections if there’s a sublingual option?! Jana’s contact doesn’t sell sublingual. So I started looking around for someone else to buy from. At this point, I just need to buy some already because my period was over and I needed to get started so I’d have at least 10 days on the stuff before my next period began.
On Friday, April 23rd, I ended up buying some that was premixed. It was homeopathic. Then Jamie said he wanted to do it, too, so I ordered another bottle on Monday. Later that day I read an article that called homeopathic hCG (hhcg) a scam. Great! I guess I didn’t understand what homeopathic meant; never had any experience with it. So I panicked. I posted the question in a group forum Jana had suggested I check out. Some people came back saying they did well on the hhcg. But before I gave it enough time to get some solid responses, I ordered a 40-day injections kit from Jana’s source. At this point, I figure we can start on the homeopathic and switch to the injections once it arrives.
We received the homeopathic and planned to start Friday, April 30th.
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment