Down 12.8 lbs. from start of hcg; Down 21 lbs. from orig. start.
Haven’t written in a week. Mainly because there’s not much to report.
Cheated by splitting nachos from Cotixan with Jamie on Friday, the 15th. It was my idea. I blame it on pms-ing completely! Gained less than expected, 0.2 lbs. Over the next couple of days I gained another 0.8 lbs. Stopped taking the hcg the day my period started. Felt like shit the next three days. But, at least I lost a pound after the first day! Then a little more… then another pound today.
Ideally, I’d like to lose another 7 lbs by Tuesday when I will take my last shot for this round. That’s four more weigh-ins. Three days of the 500-cal diet, sans hcg, and then I go on to the 3-week maintenance phase, in which I can eat everything that doesn’t have sugars or starches (most fruit is okay). That means CHEESE!! Yay! The goal is maintaining the last hcg weight.
I’ve been playing around with how to schedule my next round. At my current weight, I have 43 more pounds to lose. We are in the process of planning a Mexican Rivera cruise as our belated honeymoon for the week of our 2nd anniversary on Aug. 30th. I’d like to be really near my goal by then, and NOT on the hcg, so I can enjoy all the good cruise food!
The way the protocol is written, you are supposed to do the no sugars/starches maintenance for 3 weeks, then another 3 weeks of slowly introducing sugars/starches while maintaining your weight. Seems a lot of people are anxious to start losing again and start the hcg after the first 3 weeks. Jana knows someone who has done this and in her two rounds has lost a total of 60 pounds.
How is it I have only lost 13 on this program? Jamie lost 22 and cheated most of the way through. Jana lost 20 regardless of her stall. I read a blog of a woman who cheated everyday in one way or another and she still made it to her goal. I feel I should have lost more. So frustrating!
Maybe I’ll continue this round for the 40 days. Now that my period is over, this may be the time to maximize on more loss. Then I’d be ready to head into the maintenance phase as I’m starting to pms again, and I could EAT! I’m thinking I need to plan around my cycle so that I have the least stalling and potential to cheat as possible. I would wait another week and a half, then start fat-loading again a couple of days before my period is due, and cater to the cravings. Then do a 23-day round that would land me into maintenance right as I’m pms-ing again. I’d end the 3-week no sugar/starch maintenance phase a few days before the cruise. Perfect! Think I’ll go with this plan.
Depending on how quickly I lose in this round and the next, assuming I can maintain in-between, I could be anywhere from 20 lbs above my goal weight or right at it.
Oh, I forgot to mention, my pants that fit me a week ago are now too loose! I even dug out another pair of smaller jeans today because the two I was wearing last week are too big. Or they fit when they come out of the dryer, but are too big after 10 minutes of wear. So maybe I'm losing inches even though my weight isn't dropping as drastically. Yay!
Friday, May 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment