I go back and forth on feeling accomplished with my weight loss.
I look in the mirror and see I am significantly smaller than I was a few months ago. I put on pants for work in the morning and have to take them off because they are so big I can't wear them at all anymore. It feels good to throw them in a pile in the bottom of my closet. And it feels good to have to dig for more to wear, though that supply is limited at this size. I know there's got to be a box of clothes I'm missing somewhere.
I'm even proud to report I've gotten into a pair of business capris I haven't worn in 2+ years! They are from White House Black Market (great store!) and are size... 12s!!!!! =) They are a little tight, but hey, they are on.
I'm 3 lbs from my goal for this first round, which means I will have lost 20 lbs on the hcg. Overall, I will be down 30 lbs from mid-March. I feel my legs and arms and waist and can feel I'm smaller. I feel like I'm really looking pretty good!
And then I go shopping. And that's where feeling accomplished and looking good comes to a screaching halt. :(
We went to Old Navy the other day to look for some casual capris appropriate for the beach. I grabbed several to try, size 14s. None of them fit. WTF?! I refused to put on 16s and left with only a top. At least that was a medium. I don't like Old Navy anyway. Weird that my Gap size 14 Long & Lean jeans are getting loose on me, but I can't fit into Old Navy's 14s. I left depressed. Distant are the memories when shopping was fun and everything looked good... and if it didn't, it was the designers fault. Ruined my day.
I am as big as I was when I moved to Washington. And that was the biggest I had ever been, at the time. Feel like I haven't accomplished anything. Down 30 lbs and still fat... but definitely better than 30 lbs ago!
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment